Looking for ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BGK21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,
I am going to do a 55 or 90 gallon build and this is my first go at an aquarium. The more I read the more I am interested. I am curious what I can build with. I am looking at corals and mushrooms but fear they are only for saltwater. Is that true? I am also thinking live rock, does that work in freshwater? I am looking at stocking with a black ghost knife, angels, sharks, and some others. Ideas?
Thanks

all those fish you mentioned need a lot of space and i don't think they can live together as sharks are fast always moving fish while angelfish don't like that much movement, they're slow careful fish. as for the black knife...i dont know wnuff about them to say anything

That's to bad. I thought with the size a red tail shark and angels might mesh. I am stuck on getting a bgk , any ideas what will work with them?

BGK21 said:
That's to bad. I thought with the size a red tail shark and angels might mesh. I am stuck on getting a bgk , any ideas what will work with them?

I have a rainbow shark and an angelfish together and they are just fine. I think red tailed and rainbow are basically the same thing...?

I have a rainbow shark and an angelfish together and they are just fine. I think red tailed and rainbow are basically the same thing...?

No, NOT the same. Very similar requirements and size and aggression.
Red-Tailed Black Shark (Epalzeorhynchos bicolor) - Seriously Fish

Rainbow Shark (Epalzeorhynchos frenatum) - Seriously Fish

Both like water flow, Angels like calmer water. I've seen them kept singly in Aquariums with other large Semi Aggressive fish or other fast fish. They hate each other and others of the same species. A single Shark is best unless you really have a big tank with lots of places for territories.

Sometimes a Shark and Angels do ok together. My club member has one in his 180g tank with Angels and the Red Tail Shark guards his wood pile. Lots of plants and wood in that tank.

Back
Top Bottom