Looking for Nano Skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patrick seastar

Aquarium Advice Regular
I want to get a hang ion the back protein skimmer for my 10 gallon. I was first looking at the Aqua C Remora Nano rated for 20 gallons for $160 but, when I saw that there's a Reef Octopus BH100 rated for 60 gallons & for $140 I just though it's the better deal. Just wondering though if it makes a lot of noise since the aquarium is in my small room. Does anyone know if it's loud? I know they have a $44 nano but I noticed in a youtube video that it was very noisy. The Remora is definitely looks nicer but the Reef Octopus has more bang for the buck. Any opinions?

Aqua c remora, hands down the better skimmer in my opinion. Does not require a lot of adjusting and is basically plug and play. Unlike back pack where it needs adjusting.

I have the Eshopps PSK-75H and love it. It's quiet, and once it was broken in, is producing gobs of skimmate.

I hated the Remora I ran. It wasn't the nano however, it was the one rated for up to a 75 gallon tank. IME, that skimmer was worthless. I would skip a skimmer for this size tank. You can easily and affordably export nutrients with water changes.

I hated the Remora I ran. It wasn't the nano however, it was the one rated for up to a 75 gallon tank. IME, that skimmer was worthless. I would skip a skimmer for this size tank. You can easily and affordably export nutrients with water changes.

That's what I do but, I'm tired of having to drive to the store for water & filter pads for my HOB. I can't afford an R/O unit & either way it's a pain to keep salt bags dry.

I hated the biocube skimmer, it was garbage in my eyes.
I have the remora and I LOVE it. But its a tad big for a 10g tank.
I would pass on the skimmer and just do regular water changes. thats what I do with my under 20g tanks.

Smaller 5 stage Ro/di unit is same price point of a skimmer. Check Ebay.

It looks like the remora nano seems to be the best if not, the only good nano skimmer. All the others by design seem to produce a wet clear skimate. That's definitely a sign of inefficiency by design.

Back
Top Bottom