Looking for opinions on my stocking plan.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buzzkiller

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello aquarium advise! I would just like to run down my stocking list to make sure everything will be ok. Here are the specs. 100 gallon planted tank, PH 8.0 GH and KH around 85 ppm. I'm running 2 huge HOB filters and will do a %50 WC every week. With that said here is my list.

5 F1 manacapuru angelfish
7 Turquoise rainbowfish
11 Diamond tetras
11 White fin tetras, HY511
6 False julii coryies (I plan to breed and bump up to around 15)

Check what water the Angels are kept in. F1 might need lower PH being only one step from wild caught ?

Make sure they are actual Manacapura...plenty will sell you a regular Scalare with a reddish patch.

False julii could be any number of species, if you mean C trilineatus their name means 3 Lined Cory.

Sounds like a nice tank.

You could always run a Canister and one HOB or just a Canister.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes three lined cories are what I'm referring to. Also the PH is around 7.5 due to some new driftwood so that might help the angels.

Agreed, stock sounds nice...it would be awesome to see a massive cory gang. Trils are relatively easy to breed as far as cories go IME. Good luck!

Yes three lined cories are what I'm referring to. Also the PH is around 7.5 due to some new driftwood so that might help the angels.

You need to find out what water they are kept in and what they need long term. You may have to run Peat Moss to bring it lower for F1 Angels. Otherwise you might just kill them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom