Looking for plants!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Da Squid

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm happy to report that I'll be getting a pressurized CO2 system in the mail later this week and will be doubling up my lighting to two 54 T5 bulbs in my 55g tank.

I currently only have slower growing low light plants and was hoping someone might have some medium to high light plants to send out? Ideally I'd like to get them at around the same time as the CO2 will be getting set up, which would be later this week. I lack the experience to know what to ask for but if anyone has an abundance of something, could you please post what it looks like and how to care for it?

Eek, I suppose I'd better order some dry ferts too. Does anyone know a good place to get an all inclusive dry fert package?

By the way, here are some fun progression pictures to show you how the tanks has moved in the past 4 months or so. Please ignore my hair algae problem, its been a good 4 days since I've done a cleaning lol.
I'm thinking of pulling out a good bit of the java moss (the dark area's in the pics) and also some of the tall plants in the back, whatever they are.

I really love the java ferns and the bright spiky plants so I was hoping to keep most of them when I convert to a high tech. Let me know if this sounds like folly.

Attachments

• Picture 244.jpg
    Picture 244.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture 245.jpg
    Picture 245.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 51
  • Picture 253.jpg
    Picture 253.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 59
  • Picture 259.jpg
    Picture 259.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 65
Any takers on the plant shipping? I will of course pay whatever you think fair.
I'd like to get something in there to soak up the extra light and CO2. Or will low light plants benifit from the high tech setup alone? I should probably leave the ferts out until I get some faster growing greens that will use them.

Heya...been away....I should have a fair bit of guppy grass, wisteria (maybe 2 bunches), and a little bit of some purple cabomba and moneywort. I just gave a bunch to a couple friends, but has already grown back in. I should know by end of week how much I can send you. PM me your zipcode and I can figure out the shipping.

Guppy grass floats...wisteria grows like a weed o_O, and the purple cabomba needs med-high light to keep its purple colour...otherwise it is a lush deep green.

Thanks! Please let me know when you are able to mail out. The sooner the better as I'll be out of town all day Saturday. I'm not so much looking for quantity as I am new variety. I'm particularly excited to replace my driftwood/moss combo which is starting to look like a mutant Chia Pet.

Back
Top Bottom