Looking for Platy/Molly info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

earhtmother

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Back story - hubby has assorted platy &.Mollies in his 125g tank. I got tired of providing "snack food" to the tank so I picked up a 19g hex to use as a grow out tank for his fry & some guppy fry I picked up. I know they won't interbreed but I have some freckled/spotted fry that don't look at all like any of the other fry, bodies are definitely more torpedo shaped and and they move extremely fast. I have tried to grab a pic but my phone gets confused on where to focus with so many moving bodies. So are there any breeders/ owners out there that might be able to help me with an informed id??

Unfortunately I've never had any cross-breeding when keeping live-bearers together although I understand it is possible. Perhaps someone will know more.

If I remember it's guppies x mollies or platies x swordtails.

That's what I thought., so as the mollies are the newest additions I am going with these are molly fry since the platy & guppy fry were a no brainer & the adult gups are in a separate tank. Looks like I have to get a hustle on replacing the cracked 55 ?as some of the adult Mollies are good looking fish & the fry look like they could be intetesting

Back
Top Bottom