Looking for some company for my Peacock Bass

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

afaraone

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm hoping someone could shed some light on my question.

I currently live in Tampa, FL and I have a 55gal Freshwater tank w/ 2 2" Peacock Bass. The tank has 1 giant chunk of driftwood in the middle with java fern and moss all along the top of it. I'm currently feeding the buggers some gold fish for sustenance.

What other species would mesh well with them in my tank? I was going to put an Arrowana in there and i'm trying to find a supplier for a pyara as well. though not sure what would be best suited for their environment. Keep in mind, they are the only 2 fish in the tank.

There are 2 other tanks in my house; a 35gal bowfront and a 55 gal corner tank (being used as a coral tank).

I'm aware a lot of these fish grow rather large - I was just looking to have about 5-6 decently sized fish in my tank.

Thanks for the help/suggestions in advance. :thanks:

Still I would maybe look at something to clean the bottom of the tank from the mess, These fish need lots of space, if you want to keep something with them for a little and then get the other fish out think of a Jack Dempsey.

This is my first post on these here forums and I'm hoping someone could shed some light on my question.

I currently live in Tampa, FL and I have a 55gal Freshwater tank w/ 2 2" Peacock Bass. The tank has 1 giant chunk of driftwood in the middle with java fern and moss all along the top of it. I'm currently feeding the buggers some gold fish for sustenance.

What other species would mesh well with them in my tank? I was going to put an Arrowana in there and i'm trying to find a supplier for a pyara as well. though not sure what would be best suited for their environment. Keep in mind, they are the only 2 fish in the tank.

Thanks for the help/suggestions in advance.

Do you have another tank to put them in when they get larger? These fish get to about 2 feet long, Just saying now they are small but real soon they will grow much larger if you are feeding them well. Seems like all the fish you are asking about get really really large,

I'm well aware of the size that they grow to; but they also grow to the size of their environment (to an extent) - I had 3 before I recently moved, with a massive Oscar a Snook Cichlid and 2 Firemouths and had them stay at about 6-8"(maybe 10") for over 2 yrs w/ no issues until I moved.

There are 3 other tanks in my house; a 40gal bow front that is filled with crappy fish underneath my tv in the living room and a 55gal corner tank which is currently being cylced for use as a communal reef tank.

I'll post pictures of the setups here shortly (later tonight) but i'm just trying to find some fish before the peacocks get too big and become the only fish in my tank... lol. I def. think I'll be looking for an exotic pleco (like a gold nugget) to keep the nitrates in the tank down.

Again, any thoughts, comments suggestions would be greatly appreciated (y)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom