Looking to add to my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bradfish11

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Any advice what fish I could add to my 15 litre tank currently holding 5 tetras 3 of these being Cardinal tetras , looking for one more fish too add something a little bit bigger maybe a Betta? Any advice :)?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412377821.023439.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1412377821.023439.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 74
Beta won't work, they are to aggresive. If you already have tetras try other tropical fish like guppies, small barbs, dwarf gourami, and rainbowfish

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

So try rainbowfish, dwarf gourami, or swordtail. Although DG is a tropical community fish, they dont really go well with especific fish. If you try it be carefull. But rainbowfish or swordtail will go along but I imagine rainbowfish will match in color with tetras.

You could try a dwarf gourami. Or a Betta. With Bettas it depends on the personality of the Betta completely many people do manage to house there Betta with other fish. If you do add lots of hiding spots for the other fish and also adding the Betta last to the tank is recommended.

What about a larger type tetra like an emperor tetra or 2

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Okay thanks guys! Would you suggest any bottom feeders?

A tank that is less than 4 gallons has limited options for stocking. There are already 5 tetras in the tank. Really not sure how much more you can add to this. Maybe some shrimp or ADF. Or a Betta (by itself).

Gee willickers batman! That's a prettyyyyy small tank, you'd really only want a betta in there, those cardinals really need a 10gal minimum. Rainbow fish need like a 4 ft. Tank... not trying to bust buttons, just want to see your tank live on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks guys I ended up going for 2 red eye tetras also added 2 live plants and a few moss balls :)

Back
Top Bottom