Looking to find my angel a new home soon!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jae26

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a angel that is not fully grown yet but just thinking I'm going to need to find him a new home eventually any suggestions on a good tank size I don't want go to big???

So I have a angel that is not fully grown yet but just thinking I'm going to need to find him a new home eventually any suggestions on a good tank size I don't want go to big???

If you only have one I'd say a 35 or 40 gallon should be roomy enough for just one. And you could add more fish with a tank that size too.

How big is the current tank? 29 gallons is generally the minimum for them. You may be able to get away with a 20 if you absolutely have to, but I personally wouldnt. In a 29 You could have 1 angel, a small school of tetras such as rummynoses or cardinals, and something for the bottom such as a bristlenose pleco or a shoal of corys.

How big is the current tank? 29 gallons is generally the minimum for them. You may be able to get away with a 20 if you absolutely have to, but I personally wouldnt. In a 29 You could have 1 angel, a small school of tetras such as rummynoses or cardinals, and something for the bottom such as a bristlenose pleco or a shoal of corys.

I'd do what he said, a 20 would be okay for a temporary tank.

My current tank is a 20 gallon it's only temporarily i realize that's really pushing it but I was thinking a 35 I just seeking you guys opinions on a actually size thanks......

Also I was thinking when I re home him I wanted to do live plants I have fake ones now which he loves but I know live plants would definitely be better. I have been doing alot of research on them as well is it any ones you guys recommend over the other?

Also I was thinking when I re home him I wanted to do live plants I have fake ones now which he loves but I know live plants would definitely be better. I have been doing alot of research on them as well is it any ones you guys recommend over the other?

Depending on the light you could do some Anubias.,very beautiful. And bamboo is very nice too. If you use sort and co2 you could do a nice sheet of baby tears. I also love lily bulbs, sold at any fish store

Also keep in mind that angels really like taller (18 in. or more) tanks because of the shape and size of their fins.

Ok thanks... I really didn't want to mess with co2 for my first set of plants but if I have to I will.

Ok thanks... I really didn't want to mess with co2 for my first set of plants but if I have to I will.

It's not necessary, just go with die hornwort, mondo grass, lillies, and aponageton. All they need is light. Haha

I'm pretty sure I'm going to at least do a 35 gallon that's the size I have been looking at

Back
Top Bottom