Looking to stock a new 36 gallon bowfront tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

p3wp3w

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey Everyone!

I just got a Aqueon 36 gallon bow front tank and I am looking at options for stocking a tropical community tank. The tank came with a 200 watt heater as well as a quiet flow 30 filter. I have ordered a second filter and I currently have some fake plants and other decor. I also have some hiding rocks on the way. My tank is currently cycling and should be done soon.

I would like to stock this tank with some Top, Mid and Bottom dwellers. I would love for it to be as bright and active as possible. This is what I was considering as a stock list. Please feel free to give input as to what will work, what won't work and what I should add or consider.

I have attached a picture of my tank thus far, and also a list of what I would like to potentially stock with. Thanks in advance for the input!

Attachments

• IMG_5409.jpg
    IMG_5409.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 8.41.50 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 8.41.50 PM.png
    27.6 KB · Views: 71
Sounds like you know what you're doing! Anyway of testing the water? If not, invest in a liquid test kit. A tank is cycled when all levels except nitrate show 0 (just fyi :) )

IMO I'd cut the German blue rams. If this is your first tank, they can be challenging to keep, especially in a newer tank. And for the cory's I'd up them to 6. They like bigger groups. Other than that you're good to go (y)

How many gourami's can I have together in one tank? Ive read mixed opinions. Some say they are semi aggressive but I've read a lot saying that they can be kept together. I am going for a bright and active tank. Would you say that I have top, middle and bottom swimmers with these choices?

Dwarf Gourami's aren't really aggressive they may nip each other though (its the larger ones that can be).
I think you have a nice list but the Gourami's should be kept alone or in groups of three. For i have lost a couple do to this.

Next i have heard that barbs can be aggressive but i am not an expert on them.

Remember make sure your tank is cycled and tested like "Nils" said. Finally make sure you don't overstock it.

Overall nice list and your tank should be look very beautiful.

(I have the same tank)

Back
Top Bottom