Losing filter power??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

New2me

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a Marina s15 HOB filter on my 60L tank (it came together) it has been running just short of 3 months and I am losing power over the last couple of days?

I do have extra cartridges in there and thought maybe it was struggling so took them out, this has made no difference. I have cleaned it (in tank water) but I think the problem must be with the motor? It seems to be a sealed unit?

Anybody able to offer advice or has had similar experience??

The little propeller looking thing inside the motor. Should be right below where the intake tube plugs into the filter body. Pull it out and give it a good cleaning. Clean out the hole it sits in with a cotton swab while you are at it.

The little propeller looking thing inside the motor. Should be right below where the intake tube plugs into the filter body. Pull it out and give it a good cleaning. Clean out the hole it sits in with a cotton swab while you are at it.

Do I just pull it open?! The propeller thing must be inside box type unit, can't see it. I will include pic so you are looking at what I can see....thank u so much for help so far!!

image-2163870938.jpg

Back
Top Bottom