lost freshwater master test booklet!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mortiss

Aquarium Advice Activist
Help - I just moved along with my 3 tanks and have lost the booklet with all the instructions for the various tests in the Aquarium Pharmaceuticals Freshwater Master Test Kit. I have all the cards, bottles and tubes but NO BOOK. I thought that the bottles would have it printed on them but no such luck - unless I missed it - quite possoble. Could someone please give me the times and number of drops per test? My fish and I would be relieved and thankful after this stressful move.

sheesh - now I feel like a moron. I didn't even pick the cards up I just panicked after I looked at the bottles. Thanks so much!

ph:
Fill tube with 5ml water (to the white line)
Add 3 drops ph test
Put cap on tube and invert tube several times to mix solution.
Take reading.

High ph:
Same as low ph except you put 5 drops in.

Ammonia:
5ml of water in tube (white line)
Add 8 drops ammonia#1 solution
Add 8 drops ammonia#2 solution
Shake vigorously for 5 seconds.
Wait 5 minutes, take reading.

Nitrite:
5ml water in tube (white line)
Add 5 drops nitrite solution
Shake for 5 seconds.

Nitrate:
5ml water in tube (white line)
Add 10 drops Nitrate #1 solution
Put cap on and invert several times ot mix solution
Shake Nitrate #2 Solution vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
Add 10 drops nitrate solution #2
Shake vigorously for 1 minute.
:wink:

On my AP kit, the bottles have the number of drops to add, and the back of the cards also have this, as well as any agitation and wait times on them. I haven't used the instruction book since the first day I bought them.

Same here Tom. I haven't looked at the book in about a year. When we got the new kit we just tossed the book. LOL

Back
Top Bottom