Lost my fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

taiter42

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Did a water change today about 50% on my 37 gallon tank. shortly after i finished adding the new water and stress relief my 2 glofish were dead in the tank. I haven't done a water test yet. I had started my tank on a fish less cycle apparently i didn't get my tank cycle so was trying to cycle with the fish. not sure where i am at with the cycle atm.

Sorry to hear you lost your fish :-(

What "stress relief" did you add? Does it make tap water safe?

If you were in the middle of doing a fishless cycle and then added fish how did you go about that? How long have the fish been in?

A water test would also be very useful to see whats going on.

I have had the fish for a cuple weeks battling the amonia level for avwhile just cant seem to get it down. The pb lvljumped up to 8.8 or so no idea why plann on doing anither test today and will post results

PH changes are very stressfull for fish, this can kill them very fast. Make sure your ph is stable, temp is stable 2. When you WC, make sure you add water to the same temperature of the tank (you can ajust in your bucket by with mix hot and cold water).

Glofish are genetically modified fish and they are fragile.

To know where your cycle is at, you need to test ammonia/nitrites. If they are both 0 ppm, cycle is established for the amount of fish you have.

Back
Top Bottom