Lots of fry!! Glofish zebra danio ?'s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rolance

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm up to around 20 fry in this 5 gallon. Adult fish are all in a different tank. Is there anything I need to buy or do to make sure they survive? Could the current possibly be too strong for them? Anything else I should know?

Attachments

• image-1045162752.jpg
    image-1045162752.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 88
  • image-274349240.jpg
    image-274349240.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2886906094.jpg
    image-2886906094.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 72
I would recommend feeding them Hikari First Bites fish food which makes the fish grow faster. It is true as I have done experiments on it. Make sure that the tank that the fry are being held in have clean water for as long as possible.

My water parameters: For the new tank with the adults it is: pH - 7.6 Ammo - 0ppm Nitrite - 0 ppm Nitrate - 5 ppm

For the 5 gallon with fry in it is: pH - 7.4 Ammo - 0ppm Nitrite - 0ppm Nitrate - 40ppm

Your water parameters seem ok, but I would try my best to make the water clear so you have a better view of the babies and to see their conditions.

By the description of the product and the customer reviews from different stores, I would say that it wouldn't hurt the fish or parameters.

Would this be good to help do my fish in cycle for my new ten gallon that is holding the adult fish?
This colony stuff.

Attachments

• image-3333972972.jpg
    image-3333972972.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 73
It looks like it would work great in order to do multiple purposes. As it says from the description from a vendor:

• Real nitrifying bacteria establishes instant biofiltration
  • Neutralizes ammonia and nitrite spikes naturally
  • Contains Nitrosomonas & Nitrobacter bacteria, which are specific for the freshwater environment
  • Safe for all wildlife(y)

I got too much other stuff at petco lol. I got filter media in the new tank so hopefully that will do the truck. I will just keep up with my water parameters and if something spikes I'll fix it. Thanks for the help!

The current of my tank is really pushing them down all the way to the rocks and getting them stuck. Think I should just turn it off and put a bubbler in there?

With this tank I wouldn't be able to. I'd have to take the whole back white piece out and then tons of fry would just get back there then is never be able to get it back in. So I just coverd the whole bottom where the filter holes are with as many rocks as I could.
The white part below the rocks is where the holes are for filter.

Attachments

• image-650505647.jpg
    image-650505647.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 56
  • image-2945293843.jpg
    image-2945293843.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 55
Back
Top Bottom