Wanted: Low light plants?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Haileyjade

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone have some low light plants for sale that could be shipped with a heat pack? I'm in the US...Terrible time of year to be looking for plants in my region but the LFS has been lacking in variety lately. I currently have some Java fern, Anubis, Java Moss, and Wisteria. Would love some floating plants, but not picky on the rest as long as it's low light. Thanks! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a few that would work for you. However my 72hr heatpacs are not here yet. I'm in Michigan, so the shipping should only be 2 days. I can ship in a well insulated box if you want to try that. If interested I can send you the list of plants I have available.

I'm very interested in hearing what you have! If it's insulated enough it might be ok...we do drop below freezing every night but it might work.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Checked amazon? Using prime gets you the garunteed 2 day shipping and returns

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'd avoid the heat packs, they seem to hurt more than they help. Just pick a set of warm days (warmer, relative I know) to get the shipment. Plants are totally fine in cold temps as long as they don't freeze solid, but heat can be a big problem. I keep a few dozen species of plants in container stock ponds and we had a recent freeze that had the entire tops covered in ice for half a day. Almost all of the plants are still alive and well apart from a few amazon swords and ruby melon swords.

I ship up north several times a week and haven't had any issues related to the temperature yet.

I've got some things you might be interested in, I do a 5 bunch deal for $10 which includes various low-medium light friendly plants like wisteria, various ludwigia species, hygros, etc. I also have Azolla caroliniana, duckweed (who doesn't), salvinia, red root floater. I also have amazon swords, some various anubias, dwarf lily, red tiger lotus, dwarf sag, various vals. Let me know if I can help.

Back
Top Bottom