Low light?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PBrods

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm just starting a tank. It's a 46g bow front tank. I have a nice rock and I'm getting a centerpiece drift wood. I have a penguin 350 bio-wheel filter and no air. I don't plan on putting any air in either. My main fish will be 2 red tailed Barracuda. The rest doesn't matter to me. Whatever will be compatible.
I want to add some plants to break it up but plastic looks too cheap. What would be good that even I couldn't kill that doesn't need much light nor an air bubbler

plants dont need air bubble thing, is ur light the stock kind?????????? if it is u might get away with either java moss, java fer, hornwort (hornwort will grow in ur toilet) anacharis, fanwort, maybe anubias

Hornwort sounds good... lol. I'll have to see what it looks like. THANKS

Do you know what kind of bulbs your tank comes with? (length, wattage, T8/ T5-HO etc.)

Without knowing your lighting, there's not much that can be said.

The Barracuda will eventually outgrow a 46. That and I don't know about their plant compatibility.

No idea what it came with for a bulb. I can always buy another one.

How long before the red tails outgrow the tank?

i was told that if they have a good diet (with variety, live frozen pellets flakes) they will grow fast

I thought that it was REALLY hard to get them to eat anything but live fish?

Well what u do is get some garlic extract kent marine has a good one, u soak ur food wit it and it will attract the fish to it and it will make them want to eat, plus u could just add some to the tank and ull help ur fish it says it in the bottle

Back
Top Bottom