Low tech 3 gallon - what would you do next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trennamw

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a Marineland/Tetra 3 gallon LED kit with a heater. Currently has a cycled whisper filter, some snails, baby java fern, and a few square inches of cyano.

Id like to bring it to work, put it in by a northern window, keep using the LED fixture, and ... Ummm. Hmm.

Favorite thought so far is stick a little Ada substrate below the sand, do dry start method, then continue without co2 injection. Then MTS, shrimp, nano fish. Just a few of each.

Comments? Suggestions? I'm new to plants, I've read Walstad's book and visited Barr Report a lot. Have some healthy crypts in my 29, some happy swords in my 10, I'm experienced with MTS control, but this is my first really thoughtful planted tank.

And should I dose the existing tank to kill the cyano? Tear it down and bleach everything? Just let it run dark for a week and clean?

Plant suggestions are great, I do know I dislike anubias and java fern and have too much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom