Low Tech Lighting Recommendations?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ironbessflint

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I'm setting up a new tank and think I'd like to add plants at some point in the future. So as to leave my options open, I'd like to buy one appropriate light right now. If I'm aiming for a low/medium light, low tech setup, what do you recommend for lighting?

Loved the T5HO lights with moon LEDs in the store, but I'm pretty sure that'd set me right up for CO2...If anybody can point me to the line between plenty of light without being too much light, it's be much appreciated!

the zoo med light at petco is 30 inches it takes 2 24 watt bulbs. i think that is good for low light... my opinion but i am not that expericend so correct me if im wrong.

1-2 watts of fluorescent light per gallon of water

This is just a questimation. I would not follow this guide line. (with all do respect :) )What plants are you thinking of putting in? You should buy one of those fixtures, and then replace the bulbs with a different build from a home improvement store. There are many projects out there. Google "diy aquarium lighting"

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom