Lucky fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nibor

Aquarium Advice Regular
We decided to make my new 55 gal tank a ommunity tank and move the fish from the 29 gal in since we are getting a SW tank and need he space where the 29 gal is now....

ANYWAY... I moved the last of the fish to the 55 gal today. At about 2:00, I let the fish out of the bags and put the bags in the bathroom sink to dry out, then left for the afternoon.

Came home, checked on my fish and noticed the sucker was missing. I looked all over, moving decorations...no sucker. Looked all over the floor, no sucker. I figured he jumped and became a kitty snack. :(

8:00pm...I clean up the bathroom and gather the bags out the sink and who do I find? The sucker! ALIVE! That was 6 hours, in a bag with just nothing more than a few drops of water! He's hanging out on the front of the tank now. I think I am going to rename him Lazarus.

Who would have thought a fish could live so long out of the water?

We decided to make my new 55 gal tank a ommunity tank and move the fish from the 29 gal in since we are getting a SW tank and need he space where the 29 gal is now....

ANYWAY... I moved the last of the fish to the 55 gal today. At about 2:00, I let the fish out of the bags and put the bags in the bathroom sink to dry out, then left for the afternoon.

Came home, checked on my fish and noticed the sucker was missing. I looked all over, moving decorations...no sucker. Looked all over the floor, no sucker. I figured he jumped and became a kitty snack. :(

8:00pm...I clean up the bathroom and gather the bags out the sink and who do I find? The sucker! ALIVE! That was 6 hours, in a bag with just nothing more than a few drops of water! He's hanging out on the front of the tank now. I think I am going to rename him Lazarus.

Who would have thought a fish could live so long out of the water?
Oh my word... wow! I have heard of some Bettas doing that, but never a sucker! Go Lazarus!!

I recently read a story of a 12" high fin that jumped out of his tank and became a cat toy. The cat battered the fish around and dragged it to the food ball. When the owners came home, they found the pleco was dried up on the floor. The owner figured the fish was out of water for almost 8 hours concidering how dried up he was and the water everywhere else evaporated. They went to discard when the fish twitched. A year later this fish is still alive in the aquarium.

I thought that was a crazy story!

I recently read a story of a 12" high fin that jumped out of his tank and became a cat toy. The cat battered the fish around and dragged it to the food ball. When the owners came home, they found the pleco was dried up on the floor. The owner figured the fish was out of water for almost 8 hours concidering how dried up he was and the water everywhere else evaporated. They went to discard when the fish twitched. A year later this fish is still alive in the aquarium.

I thought that was a crazy story!
It is a crazy story. I truly don't understand how these fish survive!

They are just hardy as ever. We have betas with a lung, snakeheads that are walking across land. My leopard ctentoma (spelling?) has a lung and can walk across the carpet on its fins.

Fish are resilient IMO!!

Back
Top Bottom