Lump and spots on my Molly fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

connie_lola

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My fish has recently gained some lumps under the skin and also some white spots which I’m not sure is the same problem or if it’s just white spot disease...I’ve read some places the lump is a tumour but I wanted to get some advice please and to see if there’s anything I can do please?22f83a9d-3373-45f2-82a4-7f0bb6623d65.jpg22f83a9d-3373-45f2-82a4-7f0bb6623d65.jpgIMG_0244.jpgIMG_0243.jpgIMG_0242.jpgIMG_0240.jpg

I'm still a newbie so I don't know much about this condition. It definitely looks very odd. Are they eating and swimming? Can you show the photos to your local pet store for help? I know the fish disease, ich, consists of white dots on fish. I brought home a balloon molly with that and gave it to my other fish, but it was treated with the API ich treatment and it went away. However, a balloon molly died 2 days later, sadly. I don't know if it was because of the treatment, and it wasn't the molly with the ich problem. Are you sure these are mollys? Never saw them before. It would be nice if this board was a bit more active.

Back
Top Bottom