Lunchbox209 14g biocube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow!! Amazing simply stunning! Awesome job.

A few questions if you don't mind.

What's your water changing schedule?

Do you dose? Like 2 part or other stuff?

Do you run a skimmer?

Stock lighting?

Thanks

The Con

Convict2161 said:
Wow!! Amazing simply stunning! Awesome job.

A few questions if you don't mind.

What's your water changing schedule?

Do you dose? Like 2 part or other stuff?

Do you run a skimmer?

Stock lighting?

Thanks

The Con

This is nothing compared to your cube

5 gal weekly pwc ( but I do 2.5 sat and sun so it doesn't stress the corals too much)

As of right now I do not dose

No skimmer

And yes stock lights one 50/50 bulb and one actinic. Hopefully by october I will have the rapid les kit installed just have to put some $$$ aside

Convict2161 said:
IMO your almost there!! I'll be following your thread and progress.

I have a 20 long currently cycling I give it another week before it finishes hopefully plan on doing something like your 8gal a high end Zoa garden

Lunchbox209 said:
I have a 20 long currently cycling I give it another week before it finishes hopefully plan on doing something like your 8gal a high end Zoa garden

Nice! Be sure to start a thread so I can subscribe to that as well!!

Great job. Haven't seen a 14 gallon biocube reef in a while :D. Yours is just stunning. What's your stock list? (y)

obscurereef said:
Great job. Haven't seen a 14 gallon biocube reef in a while :D. Yours is just stunning. What's your stock list? (y)

1 yellow watchman and pistol shrimp
1 clownfish
1 six line wrasse
1 blood red fire shrimp

Rfirman said:
Is it possible to overstock with corals?

I don't think so. Look at frag tanks tons of coral an hardly any problems. My parameters are always perfect I can even skip a wc for two weeks and all is good but I've only done that once and never again just to much stress on me lol

Rfirman said:
Is it possible to overstock with corals?

You're overstocked if the corals start chemical warfare and start killing each other. Lol. Other than that, keep stuffing them in IMO. :)

Beengirl said:
You're overstocked if the corals start chemical warfare and start killing each other. Lol. Other than that, keep stuffing them in IMO. :)

That's why you research your corals, their temperaments, lighting requirements, flow, and how they react when bothered. If done correctly you can have a tank filled with corals but if you do that then you have to start dosing and a whole bunch of other stuff. More corals more work but also more drooling when you stare at the tank lol

what is dosing?

And did you upgrade your filtration in the back? for example using a media basket?

Rfirman said:
what is dosing?

And did you upgrade your filtration in the back? for example using a media basket?

No media basket just took out all the bio balls and replace it with LR rubble and put a bag og purigen and chemi pure elite in the back. only upgrade is the maxi jet pump I replaced the stock pump.

Dosing is when you have to add supplements to your water because they are being used rapidly example calcium but usually if your on top of your WC you should be fine but I would still test to see if your tank needs any extra elements

Back
Top Bottom