lyretail electric blue ram eggs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveFish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So overnight my ram has laid eggs. No clue what to do. Shes feverishly guarding them.

Attachments

• 20151110_132335.jpg
    20151110_132335.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 90
Is there a pair in there? You can probably just let nature take its course and leave them in the tank unless there's an aggression problem.

1 male 2 female, they've been trying to pair up for two weeks. Didn't even think they were old enough, hah

Maybe get the other female out of there. I've had pairs kill other rams within a day of pairing off. Otherwise, you can probably leave things alone, unless you want to try to raise them artificially. In which case, I recommend reading this thread and talking to the users who were discussing in it (they're basically experts):

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f82/gbr-mikrogeophagus-ramirezi-breeding-help-335052.html

Coralbandit and Popparyno are awesome guys and can help a lot with rams.

Well, if they are a new pair, they may eat the eggs for the first couple times they lay eggs. My pair laid eggs, next day ate them all. They'll get it right, and when they pair up the will lay eggs. For now, just observe and see what happens. The male still needs to fertilize the eggs, so if they are white and not a amberish to opaque color then they aren't fertile. You might get lucky and get some wigglers though!

Looking at that picture, they look fertile to me, but I'm no expert.
From the pic they do look good to me also.
Day old eggs?
They do really like wood!

Wife and I are real excited, she would like me to try to hatch them.
I have lost control over rams and accept that a higher power will eventually lead myself to a greater understanding .:nono:
If you want fry/juvi go artificial right away.
It is ram breeding season(our winter is their summer)....

The eggs are greenish.w
Most say amber ,but I like that description also.
May really help others.
She ate all but three within an hour.
Having fun yet?:whistle:
Check out my thread sini linked and /or I will check in..:popcorn:
Rams can be pretty challenging for many reasons.:nono:
Are you in?:dance:

Back
Top Bottom