Macscale's 55g Reef Upgraded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
was the box they were shipped in damaged , or was it vendor damage , Either way I'm sure they will replace them , the only thing is the wait that sucks I feel the pain

was the box they were shipped in damaged , or was it vendor damage , Either way I'm sure they will replace them , the only thing is the wait that sucks I feel the pain

The box was not damaged. The seller sent me instructions to take apart the light and fix it. Stands I can build, electronics I can't fix. It's looks like someone has already opened the casing too...

Sounds like a good time to test out the new Radion they came out with.

That would be awesome..

I'd be super jealous :D. That's big $$ though since they really specialize in cube tanks. Dave is good about replying to inquires though so maybe get in touch and see what he recommends.
I'd figure it's worth a shot.. Everybody seems to love them. They do get up to radion pricing though.
Haha it's at least a sign to maybe look into other lights... That is really terrible that 3/4 fixtures arrived messed up.
Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I don't think I'll be recommending these anymore. Plus the name brand lights will be something to brag about.

Been scrolling through Reef Gardeners page lately.. And wow are those prices amazing.. Have some stuff in my cart, but waiting for a trip to the LFS to chose what.

Been scrolling through Reef Gardeners page lately.. And wow are those prices amazing.. Have some stuff in my cart, but waiting for a trip to the LFS to chose what.

Sps????

are you sure wasn't Marine Gardens there site hasn't been updated for over a year so I'd be a little iffy

bribo is king of SPS
me I'm king of LPS and softies :D

are you sure wasn't Marine Gardens there site hasn't been updated for over a year so I'd be a little iffy

bribo is king of SPS
me I'm king of LPS and softies :D

Thanks for the warning seaweed, but yes I'm sure.
I've been talking to the owner of this one, she's extremely helpful.

Just some quick Iphone pictures from the lights being hung.
You can't tell in the pics but the colors are very different.. One doesn't have the purple hue, and it looks much cleaner.

It's looking good Mac. I like the color of the tank

It's interesting because I scaped the tank leaving room for lots of sand bed corals since I was going Aussie.
Room from Brains, Plates, Acans, Blastos...
Now I'm thinking it might look good as a minimalist SPS tank.. Hmm.

Here's what I'm thinking. Maybe a large stag like green slimer coming off the left island and a tabling acro on the far right. Then maybe a monti cap or two dead center island and some birdsnest or another tabling acro on the left of the left island. But yeah a minimalist sps would look sweet with a bunch of huge lps coral on the sandbed.

Here's what I'm thinking. Maybe a large stag like green slimer coming off the left island and a tabling acro on the far right. Then maybe a monti cap or two dead center island and some birdsnest or another tabling acro on the left of the left island. But yeah a minimalist sps would look sweet with a bunch of huge lps coral on the sandbed.

****, mind of an SPS genius right there. That would look sick. Now it's time to find a store near me with nice corals like that.
I saw a slimer at one if my LFS relatively cheap not too long ago.. They're the only one who sell ORA products but it's kinda far.. I
have a few that sell only corals that I haven't been to yet.. Maybe it's time to start going there.

Haha yeah I'm really liking this idea man! It will look so sweet once all the sps corals grow in!

That's sounds awesome!! Do it!!!!!!

I'm quite excited you guys like my idea haha!

Back
Top Bottom