Macscale's 55g Reef Upgraded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh forgot to tell. Phosphates were at .03 earlier. I took out the one and only rock with visible hair algae on it. There isn't anything else to be found. Phosguard most finally be kicking in after 5 days.

Anyway photo dump!
The two new corals are:
Birds of Paradise Birdsnest (I know, I know)
And an Ultra Neon Green Pectinia.

Now the corals being house in the friends tank ATM... Moving back soon.

.03 is perfect IMO, so that's a plus :). Nice puck ups, never tried a pectina, and to borrow a term from bribo ...sexy ;)

Are you running GFO? I think sometimes algae goes away on its own. Maybe patients and waterchanges are key here. Just a thought.

I don't have a reactor too unfortunately. I am running Phosguard though. With all the time and effort it's probably worth it to buy a reactor now.
I had forgotten about it, Thanks silly.

I don't have a reactor too unfortunately. I am running Phosguard though. With all the time and effort it's probably worth it to buy a reactor now.
I had forgotten about it, Thanks silly.

I've been using a DIY dual reactor that came with the tank. It seems to work really well! If you want I can send you a picture. It's basically PVC connecting a powerhead in the middle to 2 gatorade bottle on the outside. I can't remember if you have a sump or not, so maybe this wouldnt be the best design.

No sump ATM.
I've looked into DIY reactors. They aren't terrible hard to make, you just have to mount them to the wall behind.

If you do make one, I'd be interested to see how you do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Speaking of DIY reactors, I just saw this. I'm definitely going to build one considering I've already got a pump. 13$ reactor sounds very nice!

http://youtu.be/0qI2Y-DHzQs

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Oh man, you've got no luck with this tank :(. It's a sign that your supposed to be a nano guy ;), there better anyway :p

Wish I had an extra nano tank. But my equipment would make a super nice one too...
Maybe it is. But spent a lot of money on all my stuff here. The stand, the tank itself. I'm not sure

A yellow tail damsel,
Bird of Paradise,
Neon Green Pectinia,
Unnamed Zoanthids,
Another unnamed Zoa,
Frag of birds of paradise,
Bam bam

Being held in a friends ATM,
ORA neon green birdsnest
Mean greens zoas (I think)
Green purple tip frogspawn
Green Palys

Not a fun option but all that would fit in your smaller tank and you could nuke the rocks and start over.....

Back
Top Bottom