Macscale's 55g Reef Upgraded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This time, no, it was cleaning the tank. The first and second time the supports broke. Right when we had installed them.

A top for the tank would be good, but I'm afraid they'll break the glass.

It's literally just my luck.

Don't give up just yet! Accidents happen, don't beat yourself up over it. What's done is done and it can only get better from here. On the bright side, algae is gone and I believe you've got 2 fixtures? So, no rush to get the second.

I still have one at least.
I swear this tank was cursed when I bought it. But years from now when I'll be looking back at this thread and laughing at how badly I failed with it.

I'm ordering another one now.
I've spent well over 2k on this tank already.

Tested for Nitrate today..
Somewhere above 50 is all I know..
Then went to test Ammonia and Nitrite which were both 0...
Die off cycle possibly?
Did a water change, Nitrates at 5 now.

Not sure if I should considered it cycled or not. So I'll add some ammonia and see if it gets processed.

Throw in some ammonia and test after 24hrs. If it checks out from there, you're good to go.

Pretty much lost the green Birdsnest... Super bleached and I'm not sure how. The lights he's under to put out that much light. Both frags of the BOP recovered nicely, I'll be fragging off a small branch on the very bottom that died on the big one from being buried under. Other then that all corals doing great.

Both the new lights came in today.
And I must say they did an exquisite job choosing the box for them. It was quite beautiful.

All jokes aside, it's nice to have the tank back up and running.

there invasive as they grow fast could take over those zoas on the frag un less you move zoas to another plug

Back
Top Bottom