Macscale's 55g Reef Upgraded

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, the Bonsai and Green Slimer are in the tank with good polyp extension. The unknown coral is looking very happy as well. re-did the scape last night and I am much happier with the tank. Hopefully a new start for this baby.

Thinking of selling of my Zoas because eh I don't really like them. I have a great new LFS who will take them for store credit.

And now in good AA fashion; a photo dump!

Looking good Mac, but isn't this the wrong thread? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

No no these are staying under the LED's with the 55 right now.. The 65 is unfortunately a recovery tank atm. Had a big rock fall last night, so the scape was redone and stabilized. The old one was just about as stable as the U.S. Government.

Unfortunately letting go of my Riddler Pectinia.. Put up an ad for sale because it doesn't match up with anything in my tank.
If it doesn't go fast, then to the LFS it goes.

For some reason it seems the bonsai is growing rapidly. Within the last 2 days, the entire bottom of the plug was encrusted. Yesterday a new white branch showed up, today it's completely covered with polyps and tissue.

Wow that's crazy. Tricolors grow fast but I didn't expect that fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Just since adding them my Alk had completely depleted too... It's the weirdest thing.
Went from 9 to 5dkh on Saturday. I had to start dosing baking soda, and so far everyone is much happier.

Sorry guys been really busy ;)
Pictures soon just broke out the DSLR..
Maybe some more new stuff on Tuesday as well.

As far as the actual tank goes on extremely happy. Little algae growth, corals look great. PE is amazing. Birdsnest took off last www enough to frag it six times which scored me $60 at the LFS for new Acros.
Got alkalinity stable again and growth is starting to take off.

Photo Dump has arrived:

New Unknown Acro:

New Unknown SPS:

It was sold as an acro, but reminds me more of a Birdsnest or Pocci because it's wayyyy fuzzier. Any ideas are appreciated...

GARF Bonsai

Green Slimer
(Looks Minty under daylight)

Orange Galexea:

Recovering Pectinia:

Frogspawn:

Idaho Grape Cap:

ORA Orange with Green Tip BN:

FTS:

Back
Top Bottom