Macscale's Photography

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Macscale

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone,
I decided to open up this thread to show the amazing community of AA my second favorite hobby. (aquariums being first) Photography.

Equipment:
Canon EOS 700d/T5I
Standard 18-55mm Lens
75-200mm Telephoto Lens.

Mainly I focus on Landscape and Wildlife photography. With occasional sports or portrait shoot. I by no means am I professinal.

To start off here are some of my most recent pictures. All classified under my "Boston Marathon/NY 2014" trip.

1.) The Adirondacks through a winsheild. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398718361.137988.jpg

2.) Is this Africa?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398718406.050224.jpg

3.) Downtown Boston
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398718454.585779.jpg

4.) The Great Sacandaga Lake
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398718532.926113.jpg

As soon as I download the rest, more will come!

Photography- as bad as aquariums! LOL

Just got into serious photography this last February.
Nikon D5300
Nikon 18-140mm f3.5-4.6 Kit Lens
Nikon 50mm f1.8
Nikon 55-300mm f4.5-5.6
Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 UWA
CPL's and VND filters for all but the UWA
Kenco Ext. Tubes for macro
Bags, brushes, cases, all the extra junk. lol
Here's a couple of my better ones so far. I like nature, wildlife and landscape shooting best so far. OS.

Attachments

• _DSC0774PCR1.jpg
    _DSC0774PCR1.jpg
    264 KB · Views: 10
  • DSC_0130.jpg
    DSC_0130.jpg
    248.8 KB · Views: 10
  • _DSC0732.jpg
    _DSC0732.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 9
Just got into serious photography this last February.

Nikon D5300

Nikon 18-140mm f3.5-4.6 Kit Lens

Nikon 50mm f1.8

Nikon 55-300mm f4.5-5.6

Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 UWA

CPL's and VND filters for all but the UWA

Kenco Ext. Tubes for macro

Bags, brushes, cases, all the extra junk. lol

Here's a couple of my better ones so far. I like nature, wildlife and landscape shooting best so far. OS.

Nice, OS! When I got started last summer I debated the Nikon you have and the T5I. I ended up going with canon because the lenses are cheaper. Even the luxury series are cheaper then nikons. I have yet to upload any of my macros and such, when I get home I will have to do so.

The pictures are great. I have tons of filters and cases and cleaners and insurance policy's for the camera/lense. Why, I don't know, I guess it's just fun to have! :)

The Canon's are GREAT cameras. I bet more Canon's are sold than Nikons. I chose Nikon mostly because of the camera shop a few blocks from me sells them and it is a great shop with great service. My last lens purchase was the 55-300 mm. It was a factory refurbish and I paid 1/3 the new price. Lens was perfect. Not a scratch on it and works perfectly. Cameta Camera even gave me a 1 yr warranty on it. Something you might want to check out if you ever want another lens. OS.

The Canon's are GREAT cameras. I bet more Canon's are sold than Nikons. I chose Nikon mostly because of the camera shop a few blocks from me sells them and it is a great shop with great service. My last lens purchase was the 55-300 mm. It was a factory refurbish and I paid 1/3 the new price. Lens was perfect. Not a scratch on it and works perfectly. Cameta Camera even gave me a 1 yr warranty on it. Something you might want to check out if you ever want another lens. OS.

That makes sense. The only camera shop around here is pretty bad. So I just order from Adorama.com.
I've never bought a refurbished lens, but it might be something to consider. Sometimes I'll rent a lens if I need one for a special event.

Back
Top Bottom