Madagascar Rainbowfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillygirl423

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay so I found out my bf's "unknown" fish is a Madagascar Rainbowfish. Also found out they like schooling. So I went to the same store and the lfs guy told me they only had 1 left, so I bring it home and acclimate it, put it in the tank and my current rainbow is ignoring it. Is this normal? Oh and the new one has no red in it, is it possible they aren't the same? Any advise on care would be appreciated as well.

If the new one is less colourful it could be a female. Sometimes it can be quite hard to tell rainbows apart, there are times that my banded rainbowfish look like lake kutubus or even bosemani, at the right angle and the right light. Rainbows as a whole are pretty easy to take care of but I don't have any experience of madagascars, sorry.

I thought maybe it could be a female because they look exactly the same just no red in the new one. The guy at the lfs told me its still young. Maybe they develop it later?

Back
Top Bottom