Made a mistake!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smarsh7903

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm sorry I swear I did not see this category! I asked in breeding if anyone on here has ever kept tubs or small pools for growing plants and spawning fish? I have about ten tubs and thought it would be cool to throw some rcs in there and some potted swords and maybe experiment with crypts and stem plants like cabomba. I have kept plants for a few years so I thought this would be a good way to propagate some plants and maybe spawn some fish. Has anyone done this? Has anyone even put their fish in a pond or tub for a summer?

Sent from my X10a using Aquarium

Pond fish like koi and comets I have. I have kept multiple water lilies and lotus in plastic bins during a multiple month pond cleaning as well. Just get some cheap motors and you should be fine. I don know how any aquarium fish would do though.

I had a small pond that I used just in the summer months. I always just bought simple bait store goldfish and raised them, then if they made it through the summer, took them home and put them in a 20 gal aquarium for the winter. We lived at a local lake during the summer. Also sane thing with water plants too, except I just put them in trimmed them back, put them in zip lock bags, kept them slightly moist in a dark cool place. They sprouted every year for several years.

I have 6 18-20g tubs set up on my back deck. One of them actually has RCS in it and a bunch of egeria densa and java moss. Another one has celestial pearl danios, and the others have different guppy strains.

I've not tried potted plants, but I'm sure they would do well if the water stays clear enough for them to get sunlight.

I also have a small pond in the front with a juvenile dollar sunfish in it.

Back
Top Bottom