"Mail-order" fishies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WhiteDevil

Aquarium Advice Addict
Has anyone ever ordered their live fish for delivery?

I have surfed for a few hours over the past 4 weeks on them and they seem to have the best variety for species that are only sold in a few patterns at the most where I live.

I think they are the same DC's that independant fish stores use to stock their tanks, not sure though. Ive been to a few of the DC's and would buy from the ones I was at in a heartbeat due to the variety and prices.

Thanks

I order and ship out stuff all the time. Mainly I ship shrimp, and Endlers but I have shipped angelfish and rams. It's nothing for fish to be in a bag for several of days, let alone a week as has happened to me and they survived just fine. Think about how your pet stores get them. The fished are shipped in just the same manner to them as they would be to you. What sort of fish are you looking for? You can find more "uncommon stuff" along with common stuff on www.aquabid.com

Im looking for rams, angels, gouramis, things of either splendid vibrancy and full fins or just plain neat looking like some rams ect.

different kuhli's I think outside the box, Im talking to my LFS about some freshwater snowflake eels, I feel better using a brackish tank for the eels though.

what is an endler, i am looking at a black bar trio on aquabid, are they a swordtail or a guppy?

Endler's Liverbearers are, well, livebearers, closely related to the guppy and able to crossbreed with them.

I like the colors and tail variations of those thing.

I am gonna show my wife a the endlers and the real fancy guppies on that site, we do have a 10g collecting dust.

Yeah, Endlers are really closely related to guppies and will crossbreed with them. My Endlers are black bars and center peacocks. They are really nice. Mine are "Class N", which are 100% wild form and the lineage can be traced back to when they were taken from their native location. Mine have never and will never see a guppy as long as they are in my hands! If you are interested in some send me a PM. I sell them for a very reasonable price!

I looked at the black bars specifically on that site, had red or orange in the fins too?

Im not ready yet, I just put 8 in there yesterday( 2 angels and 6 neons for schooling, i got a 3 and 4 year old so they are involved with the fish) and I dont want to overload it which I think I already did it, im closely watching my water to make sure it doesnt dump on me. I will let you know I am sure the wife will like em.

for those it would be a 10g stricktly males( i suck at some words ,sorry)

my 26g, I havnt set the 10g up yet. I wont be adding them to the 26g at all, The endlers/gupps will have there own tank, with no other species.

How about dr fosters and smith?

They have some real nice looking fish, both wild and tank bred's. They have the RAMS I want and a bigger selection of fresh,salt and brackish then most stores and demographics.

They get Asian bred rams which are worthless. You need to find wild rams or preferrably locally bred rams. The Asian rams will die on you in 6 months or more likely several months before that. I've never ordered from them and most likely wouldn't ever order anything like that from them.

Where can one find them at then? Just keep surfing look for local or wilds?

Im looking for rams, angels, gouramis, things of either splendid vibrancy and full fins or just plain neat looking like some rams ect..

I’d recommend Dansdiscusandangels on aquabid for angels.
I bought 6 DD black super veiltails from and 2 LF ABN’s from him last July and they arrived very healthy. The angels are now 8” tall fin to fin.
Here’s some pics:
http://gs69.photobucket.com/groups/i60/7NOBMDJJ0N/

He has many different varieties and has been raising them for over 30 years.
He lives in Colorado.

Regards
Charles

Back
Top Bottom