Mail order Plant Pack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

1 LARA

Aquarium Advice Freak
Micro Sword or
Dwarf Hairgrass1233Anacharis or
Hornwort2345Anubias Nana or
Anubias Barteri
Round Leaf1223Cabomba2234Java Fern1234Water Sprite1233Red or Green
Cryptocoryne1
are there enough plants for 25 gal tall

Depends on how heavily you want it planted
And the quantities of the plants

I would like a medioker not too light not too heavy.
The plant pack says for 30 gal

what would be a good plant pack to medeokerly plant my 25 gal Betta tank

• 8 Corkscrew Val
  • 6 Jungle Val
  • 3 medium Amazon Sword
  • 1 medium Red Rubin Sword
  • 2 Anacharis
  • 3 Cabomba
  • 3 Narrow-leaf Ludwigia
  • 5 potted tennellus Chain Swords

this plant pack is 49 dollars and shipiing is 49 dollars equaling 98 dollars
is this a good deal
I like Swords too

• 8 Corkscrew Val
  • 6 Jungle Val
  • 3 medium Amazon Sword
  • 1 medium Red Rubin Sword
  • 2 Anacharis
  • 3 Cabomba
  • 3 Narrow-leaf Ludwigia
  • 5 potted tennellus Chain Swords
this plant pack is 49 dollars and shipiing is 49 dollars equaling 98 dollars
is this a good deal
I like Swords too

49 bucks for shipping? Where do you live?

Most plants can be shipped in the US for under 10 dollars.

$49 for shipping is ridiculous. Also, Amazon swords will definitely outgrow your tank, so I suggest finding more plants that stay a bit smaller rather than paying for something that will get too big.

Buy from Hobbyists :)

I always highly recommend buying from other Hobbyists.
Check our AA mart first.
Then check
TPT...The Planted Tank ( only members can see Sales Threads) and
APC...Aquatic Plant Central ( members only mart)
Both are free to join.

I've gotten great deals from fellow hobbyists.
Power Sellers are great, they have a ton of positive feedback.

I would never pay that much for plants !!

I think 49.00 is a bit high for shipping....I like aquariumplants.com...they have a very good selection for a good price...Good Luck!!!!:cool:

I want to re emphasize what Tina has said. Your first choice should be to look to other hobbyists. Their plants will be of much better quality AND you can develop a relationship with them.

For instance, I recently got the planted tank bug again after many years of just letting my tanks sit and grow algae. I merely said I was starting up again and a member on here, Peyton, shipped me about 100 plants of more then two dozen species. He did this for free and didn't even charge me for shipping.

I don't know Peyton other then trading plants with him many years ago.

Arizona Aquatic Gardens in Arizona and I am in Pennsylvania.
Its a 25 Gal with only a Betta does anyone have any plant packages the want to sell.

Arizona Aquatic Gardens in Arizona and I am in Pennsylvania.
Its a 25 Gal with only a Betta does anyone have any plant packages the want to sell.

If you live in western PA, I wouldn't mind if you just stopped by my house and picked out whatever you wanted from either of my tanks.

Search the various planted forums for plants for sale.

Aquarium advice

The Planted tank

Aquatic plant central

If I couldn't find what I wanted on those forums, I heard Extraplant Aquarium Plants: All Aquarium Plants is a nice place to get plants from. And shipping would only be 10 or 15 bucks.

i've only bought from my LFS, but I agree that the plant pkg you're interested in seems very expensive. I would trust the advice here and look at the websites, check around locally, and maybe even ebay to try to get a better deal.

I've bought from other hobbyist on The Planted Tank and got some great stuff. If you have a good LFS than it's a good option. If you don't have one then buying from a fellow aquarium fanatic is the best alternative. It's a community on these forums. Can't get that at petsmart.

aquariumplants.com has a 24 plant package that they assort on purchase.
They only specify they will be
http://www.aquariumplants.com/24_Plant_Assortment_p/as081.htm

20 gallon aquarium

Note: The 24 plant assortment contains different plants, with some grouped for best effect. (EXAMPLE: two bunch plants of same variety)The plants in all assortments contain a beautiful variety of bunch plants, swords, crypts, etc. As always, the selection is great, the quality is impeccable, the value in unbeatable (anywhere!), and satisfaction is GUARANTEED!

Note: We have NEVER sold an assortment to a customer that claimed they didn't receive a GREAT deal.

Note: The value for these assortments (a buck or so per plant) is so good that even if you don't use them all, or give some to friends, it's just a great deal!

Note: Sorry, no substitutions, no inclusions, no exclusions...these assortments are put together with different plants from day to day, based on daily plant availability.
$70.78 shipped

Also, do they have snails in them?

I've scoped that out before. I think one review stated that the plants weren't labeled. That would really aggravate my biologist persona. Now that I am thinking about it maybe it was the pkg on liveaquaria. I'm. Ot 100% sure. It check it out if that is a consideration

Back
Top Bottom