majano nems!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JASONinNM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Iv got a few of these little pest and can see them growing in new places... what is a good method you all have used?

Aptasia-x wouldn't do the trick would it? I usually don't cut corners I just work a tuff shift at work and is hard to get to my LFS untill my fays off (mon and tues).

How do I prepare a lemon juice method?

I use pure lemon juice from a squeeze bottle and a syringe from cvs. Just inject it in the center and plunge it in for a but. Maybe a ML?

Keep pumps off and be a safe distance from other corals. The lemon juice will drift once you plunge. I killed a small Xenia that way by mistake. But I've done it next to larger ones no prob. I think once you plunge and see the lemon cloud just wave something in the water to dissipate if it's close to a coral

Lemon juice has a pH of around 2.0

- any of the manual methods used to kill aptasia should work on majanos.

I have used a similar method with white vinegar... about 1mL and make sure you get hime really good. He will turn white in an hour or two and then you know you got em... Good luck

The aptasia-x worked just as good as it did on the majanos as it did aptasia!! Great product for pesky nems!!!

Back
Top Bottom