maji-jet 400 powerhead ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

goinpostal

Aquarium Advice Regular
could someone please tell me if a maji-jet 400 powerhead is too small or to big for a 20long tank or what other size to add if to small

thanks

Than one maxi jet 600 would be work or you could do (2) 400's in opposite corners as another option!

I have a Maxi-jet 600 in one corner of my 20 long and a Maxi-jet 900 in the other corner. There is a pic of the tank in my gallery...I think...

Shoot I would add a pair of maxijet 1200's. One in each back corner blowing toward the middle so they ripple the water aswell.

1200's in a 20 long could create quite a current, especially 2. Keep that in mind if you plan on any low to moderate flow inverts. Also, even with my 600 and 900 pointed at the surface the sand is always pushed around.

the sand i can see is getting pushed around with just the filter don't know what to do about that
but i thought one power head might not be enough i saw some pictures of a 20l and it looks like they have more than 1 powerhead
when i set it up it looked like the water was moving circular so i moved the power head i didn't think that was the circular motion was good

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom