making a pretty heavily planted tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aoplayo

Aquarium Advice Regular
Otay, I am going to get a 10 gallon and make a nice planted tank with it.

My plans.

Plants for 1-2 wpg

What should i use as a substrate? What about a fertilizer thing? What fish? Do i need to cycle the tank? Anything else i should know?

I have had [lants in tanks just it was only a few of them.

The stickies at the beginning of the forum can provide most if not all of the info you need to set up your tank. I've attached the substrate sticky for your perusal.

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=55466

All tanks need to be cycled, even if it is a planted tank. Small tetras are probably best (ie: neons, black skirt) and a bottom dweller such as a dwarf pleco.

Im not sure how much you want to spend... but I use Eco Complete substrate and if you wanted, you could prolly have a small CO2 injection.

You should get fish that won't dig up or eat your plants. You could have a school of tetras since its just a 10gal

yes cycle the tank with the plants in it. good practice is to plant the tank and wait about a week or so to get the plants settled in before adding fish. the plants will actually cut down the cycle time and stress on the fish, as they will use the ammonia assortated byproducts of the cycle as food.

Back
Top Bottom