Malawi help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Womble1234

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all, I've got a 42gal tank, with a few rocks and fake plants.. There is one fuellaborni which is the boss, a cobalt zebra I think.. 2 yellow labs, 1 verstrus, the one that looks like a giraffe :D, quite a few peacocks and some misc ones.. Should these all be ok when they grow up because ATM most of them are juveniles?

all african cichlids should be fine with each other although i do have a very agressive auratus or malawi golden cichlid who harassed my other fish to the point of getting ich. these guys should be fine as long as they have a similar growth rate. the fuellaborni has a fairly large mouth but is fairly passive. if you plan on getting more fish you should go with something a little bit bigger than what you have so he will not get picked on. male red empress cichlids will go well in there to with the peacocks and featherfin synodontis catfish. as long as one fish cant fit another ones tail in its mouth you should be fine. good luck with your cichlids.

Womble1234 said:
Hi all, I've got a 42gal tank, with a few rocks and fake plants.. There is one fuellaborni which is the boss, a cobalt zebra I think.. 2 yellow labs, 1 verstrus, the one that looks like a giraffe :D, quite a few peacocks and some misc ones.. Should these all be ok when they grow up because ATM most of them are juveniles?

Yeah,, sounds like everything would be fine!! Keeping them together when they're young, seems to help for when they're older!kind of get used to being around each other.

Getting a 300 litres soon, there all juveniles at the moment so there not too big... Making sure theres loads of hiding places.. Pots, rocks and caves!! Excited!!

Back
Top Bottom