Male and female hopefully

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rockyofhockey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey all
I just bought 2 Bolivian ram cichlids and I think I got a male and female here r some pics

Male?

The first one looks like it has a pink belly so I would say female for that. The second is a male I believe. I could be wrong as i am better with Gold and Blue Rams, but I think you have a pair!

If I do have a male and female what about breeding like what should i know??

Just because you have a male and a female doesn't mean they will pair up but you have a pretty good shot. They do best breeding wise in 80 degrees and the female will lay the eggs and the male will sit on them. The male will become aggressive if any fish gets near though. Also the first couple try's might fail as well. But just wait and see if they pair up

Just because you have a male and a female doesn't mean they will pair up but you have a pretty good shot. They do best breeding wise in 80 degrees and the female will lay the eggs and the male will sit on them. The male will become aggressive if any fish gets near though. Also the first couple try's might fail as well. But just wait and see if they pair up

Yes ik it's pretty difficult to breed but I just wanted to know if u guys think I had a male and female first now that I think I do I wanted to know the procedures like if I had to move them to a different tank and my water is fairly warm

I have two rams and I haven't moved them to a different tank. I wouldn't worry too much. They look pretty young so it won't happen yet. I hope they do have babies though! I love rams and I think you will too

Yea I sure hope and there with a leaf fish ( leopard ctenopoma) and I'm pretty sure that leaf fish r docile but he's pecking on my rams!!!! Lol I'm not sure if he's jut establishing himself in the tank or idk? Anything on that

My bolivians spawn constantly because they are in a tank with African clawed frogs, live bearers, an oto and a clown pleco

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392075807.767003.jpgis this a good aquascape for them. I moved some stuff around and plan on getting some slate rock

Didn't mean to hit the paper airplane, lol. The African clawed frogs love to trap the fry in java moss and eat them. I have noticed my female has more then one spot, my male only has one and also, my female is pink from throat to tail.

It's fine booth of mine have one spot but one has extended fins while the other is short

Possible 'butterfly' genes in one and not the other

Just woke up and noticed them my rams have settled in and one of them has 2 black spots right next to eac other is that what u were talking bout?

Yup :) that would be your female!!

Back
Top Bottom