Male or female?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't answer, but you may try posting a better, more close-up picture, might help those who can.

Electric yellow lab maybe if not what is it?? :D need a little better pic but most females have no black on bottom fin(not a complete fact). Only for sure way is venting. A lot different rumors about egg spots . Female is smaller than the male most of the time .

It is an electric yellow lab... I'll post a better picture later ... I have him and another but only black it has is on top

image-104377792.jpg

J19Reynolds said:
It is an electric yellow lab... I'll post a better picture later ... I have him and another but only black it has is on top

Looks like a female to me but to make sure is to vent. Also once it gets bigger you will know for sure overall I'm thinking female. ( right?) the first one look more older and little like a male (can't really tell male was just a guess)

J19Reynolds said:
What's vent? And I'll get closer picture when get home

Venting is where you look at there privates and decide trying to find link for you for the lab. Same size holes are male if it is one big one small it is female.

I think the first one is a male becouse of the black stripe in the eye
They both will get black on top and fins when they get older ( well not all but mine do)

Does the second one have a eggspot?

egg spots are unbelievably UNreliable :p
the black eye stripe is more common on males but is often on females too. they get black on fins or none at all, male of female.
sometimes a dominant male will colour up with dark barring on his belly and turn a tan yellow colour, with lots of black on the fins and around the eye. but if a female is very dominant she will take on these colours.

just vent them maaan ;P xx

You sure that is a yellow Lab? Looks way tan to me, but could just be the lighting I guess.

J19Reynolds said:
That's what the tank I got him out of said

I'm not saying I'm right I could well be wrong but that fish just doesn't look like a yellow lab to me.Hopefully a few others will chime in and we can get a few more opinions :)

image-877636015.jpg

image-3417774649.jpg

This is the second one I posted
And by looking at the wholes they are same size to me but they are really really small there's only one that I can tell difference an it's the biggest I have

image-2782826172.jpg

image-636077126.jpg

i think its a male kenyi. yellow labs dont have the stripes, and male kenyis are bright yellow with stripes. google male kenyi

Back
Top Bottom