Males or Females?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrazyPlantLady

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Males or Females? Or a few of each? What do you think? Fish 1, 2, & 3.

Attachments

• Fish_1.jpg
    Fish_1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 73
  • Fish_2.jpg
    Fish_2.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 76
  • Fish_3.jpg
    Fish_3.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 67
Fish 4, 5, & 6.

Attachments

• Fish_4.jpg
    Fish_4.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 69
  • Fish_5.jpg
    Fish_5.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Fish_6.jpg
    Fish_6.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 70
Okay, they are dark but they look like Badis sp, right?

If they are then in the first set of 3 pictures the top left one is a male. The top right one looks like an immature male but it is an odd angle so it is hard to say for sure. The bottom left one looks like a female.

In the bottom set of three the top left looks like a female, only because of the belly and the dorsal looks rounded but it is turned funny. The top right pic looks like a female also but there is that wierd angle again. The bottom left one looks like a female.

It is hard because on my comp they look dark. So there's my opinion.

Bill

Yes, Bill, they are all Badis badis.

I believe you are right on the sexes of all. When shown individually to a mature male, the top two turned black with blue highlights, and the mature male charged at them through the glass.

The bottom four when shown individually to the mature male just watched him as he swam back and forth in front of them with his colors showing.

I'm still learning about them and had not had any this young to try to sex. They were sold to me as all females.

Thanks for the help!

CPL

Back
Top Bottom