Mandarin !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pritchard

Aquarium Advice Freak
Just saw my mandarin take some frozen brine shrimp !!! I've had this fish for a year and he's had no training as my copepod population is fine but it's still got me excited lol the small things !!! Just thought I'd share this. !

Congrats! It is always good to know when they eat more than just pods! :)

That's awesome. I was thinking about getting a mandarin myself. I heard it was hard to keep them fed. Did you buy copepods seperatly and add them into the tank or did they just build and grow on their own?

Nice! I just recently got mine to start eating mysis but i have to target the food where other fish cant get it. Im in the process of building one of these things.

Dragonets Den 2

Nice! I just recently got mine to start eating mysis but i have to target the food where other fish cant get it. Im in the process of building one of these things.

Dragonets Den 2

Ooo neat! I've always wanted to keep a mandarin but didn't want to potentially doom one to starvation. That's an interesting idea for giving them a fighting chance in a tank full of competition. I may just have to give it a go some day soon.

Just fed brine again and he's took loads of it ! Like I say " I've not trained him he's just all of a sudden started taking it ! Could he be putting a dent in the copepod population and is getting more hungry ?

Nice, that's a dream come true that you didn't even train him and he ate it!

That box is a really creative idea. Having 4 dragonets would be nice! Do you think they are in pairs or just in a group and don't fight since there's 4?

obscurereef said:
Nice, that's a dream come true that you didn't even train him and he ate it!

That box is a really creative idea. Having 4 dragonets would be nice! Do you think they are in pairs or just in a group and don't fight since there's 4?

I was thinking they were paired. But weird that even a pair of mandarins and scooters can live with eachother.

pritchard said:
Just fed brine again and he's took loads of it ! Like I say " I've not trained him he's just all of a sudden started taking it ! Could he be putting a dent in the copepod population and is getting more hungry ?

I think your mandarin started taking prepared food out of starvation. People say that mandarins will starve themselves to death but why wouldnt they adapt to other foods for survival.

I just finished my ghetto version of a dragonets den. lol. Turned out ok i guess. Hopefully my mandarin will actually go inside this thing.

image-695090702.jpg

Back
Top Bottom