Mantis Shrimp Clicking Sounds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KEVYKEV

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello All
I received 20# Keys 20# gulf live rock about 2 weeks ago from www.liverocks.com I love it very colorful and lots of critters. I have been seeing a lot of empty snail shells laying around . I thought it was my Puffer. The other morning I was feeding with frozen squid and I saw something out of the corner of my eye. this huge mantis shrimp crawled out of the rocks grab some squid and run back in. When I got home from work I found the rock that he was hiding in. I dumped the rock in bucket of Fresh water and he came out. He was hideous. I have read that Mantis Shrimp make a clicking sound and I still can hear clicking coming from my tank. Is there any other inverts or fish that make this sound or do you think I have another mantis? I want to get some more snails but I can’t if I have another mantis in my tank
Thanks

:cry:

Can you get a good pic of this mantis??? I am getting rock delivered soon and want to make sure I know one if I see it, but I have had NO luck finding a pic!!!

TIA, Joshua...

It's possible that you have more than one mantis. Pistol shrimps also make a poping sound.

If your mantis shrimps are pretty you might be able to sell it rather than destroying it.

Hey, thanks for the link, that's exactly what I have been looking for!!! It looks like I shall have my work cut out for me as their are tons of these things, and I don't want any of my fish getting eatin, :D.

Thanks again, Joshua...

Back
Top Bottom