Many white spots of platy.. Ich? Bacterial? Fungus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janice_016

Aquarium Advice Regular
My platy has multiple white spots all over its body and now opening his fins.. He's stopped eating 2 days ago.
I'll post pictures below.
Tank is 37 Galons. Ph 7. ammonia 0. temp is within range, can't remember exactly. Had the tank going for almost 3 years, with all the same fish besides a couple new ones 6 months ago. No issues, no deaths. Fish are all happy. 7 platys, 4 neon tetras, 3 black skirt tetras 5 guppies and 4 zebra danios and a sucker fish.
I just started treating fish with a bacterial and fungus treatment, pimafix and melafix.. BecauseImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424830102.211149.jpg I'm not sure which one it is.. But now I'm wondering if it's Ich? Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
I do regular water changes, 30% every 2-3 weeks... Could use a glass scrub though as seen in the pic :(
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424830147.412806.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

raise temperature gradually to 86 F. After all signs of ICH are gone, leave temperature at 86 F for another 2 weeks. make sure that you aerate because higher temperatures deplete oxygen levels in H2O.

I don't have another tank set up. I'll just treat the entire tank. Start with raising temperature and adding salt tomorrow (I'm all out of aquarium salt)

Thanks for the help

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424832595.308290.jpg
New picture.
Does that look like Ich?

****** okay thank you. Hoping he survives. :)

Back
Top Bottom