Maracyn Two and parasite guard? Will mixing hurt fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kelly5978

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have another thread going, but I need someone experienced to help me before I make a mistake! If you don't know me, I have 3 tanks, and I love my fish. My most recent (and the one this question is about) is my 20 gallon angelfish tank. It is a marineland day/night, with a penguin bio-wheel 150 filter. I had 4 baby angelfish and 2 neon danios as of 2 days ago (tank has been running a month, and is either cycled, or I'm just getting really lucky....cause I've NEVER gotten any ammonia or nitrite readings, except one time ammonia was .25. Water change brought it to 0, where it has stayed for weeks. I used prime and stability for the first 7 days, and never had problems. A week ago, I noticed my fav black marble's tail was frayed and missing a small piece. I thought he was being bullied. I added stress coat and salt with a small water change, and it seemed to be repairing itself. 2 days ago, he stopped eating, stopped swimming, and instead kind of floated around the tank. I saw a danio nip him. So I relocated the danios. Yesterday, he clamped his fins and remained af the bottom of the tank. I put him in a hospital tank with macaryn2, and he died this morning. Also yesterday, a larger baby coy marble started swimming more often on his sides (both sides , not on one....so I don't think swim bladder). He spent 24 hours at the top of the tank, only coming down for a few minutes at a time. He wasn't gasping, but his mouth was always moving. He keeps shivering (not aggressively, but like he's cold....temp is 82). He jerks also (like moving a tiny bit really fast). I understand some of these are normal angelfish behavior, but he didn't do this before yesterday. I stayed up all night researching, and decided it was either bacterial or internal parasites. I put parasite guard in about 2 hours ago. After looking at my dead angels body, I now think he did actually have fin rot (side fins were almost gone). It was probably a secondary issue brought on by whatever the real problem is, but now I'm worried I'm treating my living angels in the wrong way. SO....question is:
WILL PUTTING PARASITE GUARD AND MARACYN2 IN THE TANK AT THE SAME TIME DO MORE HARM THEN GOOD? sorry for the long post, and this is the last thread I will start about this. I just really want to help them, but am afraid my inexperienced decisions will hurt them more. Thanks so much for listening, and please let me know if you have any idea what's going on....or how I should proceed.

Back
Top Bottom