Marbled Crayfish Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ok so just checking in, what exactly is a good price? Alyxx (a user from this forum) was my supplier of crayfish and I think I remember her saying that they can only be shipped at a certain time. She was very reasonable in terms of pricing. But of course I forgot how to price them, plus the shipping and possible tax that may apply. Any salesmen out there who know this stuff?

I'm not sure on the Crays themselves, but for shipping shrimp, I always charge $10. That gives you some wiggle room in case the box weighs more than you think when you take it to the LFS, and gives you room for the extra to be used for shipping supplies.

Oh, and I'd like to be put on your list for some of these when they are ready! I've always been really tempted to try them, but the ones here are outrageously priced.

As for clawed and dwarf frogs, clawed are fish aggressive when they get older, they will eat anything that will fit in their mouths. My friend, who is the same one that Kjacks was talking about absolutely adores hers and uses them for culling when needed. It works out great for her. They get HUGE though, like the size of your hand if not bigger and require 10g/frog.
I have African dwarfs and adore them. They only get to around 1.5" and won't harm fish, they are actually in my community tank with some apistos and platies and do really well. Have to be careful where you buy them from though. Some stores house them with/near ACF's and if they cross contaminate accidentally then your ADF's have the risk of catching chytrid fungus which is really hard to treat. ACF's are only carriers so they won't show symptoms, and not all will have it, but you don't want to risk it. Petsmart seems to be the best place to buy them at because they don't house the clawed at all anywhere

Ok so just checking in, what exactly is a good price? Alyxx (a user from this forum) was my supplier of crayfish and I think I remember her saying that they can only be shipped at a certain time. She was very reasonable in terms of pricing. But of course I forgot how to price them, plus the shipping and possible tax that may apply. Any salesmen out there who know this stuff?

I shipped mine priority and since it was kinda hot used a cold pak .. then of course winter time heating paks can be used. If your only shipping 1 depending on size bc i shipped my small it cost like $6 then i shipped 2 in a box (separate bags) for alittle over $10.. never heard that you could only ship at certain times but im sure she (alyxx) knows her stuff since she has been at it longer then me ..

Awesome! I'm starting a blog on this too in case it gets big, so people can see more information about this distribution through the blog. Called it Marmorkrazy hahaha

I usually charge around $2-3 per cray (lower price if you want more than 5 or so) and the box I used was around $6 to ship. And yeah, in the heat you want to use cold packs, and heat packs in the cold. Even with cold packs I don't like shipping in summer because where I live it gets ridiculously hot, like 100+ heat index.

I got a marbled crayfish at big als about three months ago. When I got her she had eggs but dropped them after being put in the new tank (im guessing because she felt threatened) the tank is 20g clean water and around 70-77 degrees and she has no tank mates. I use sand and have made about 4 caves for her. (Will make more when fry come along) I feed her cucumbers blood worms and fish flakes to keep variety and she seems to love it all. She is about 3" and seems healthy and has molted once since I got her about a month ago. Anyone have any idea why after three months shes not having any more eggs? Does it normally take this long or am I the one person on the planet who cant breed the "uncontrollable marbled crayfish" lol

I got a marbled crayfish at big als about three months ago. When I got her she had eggs but dropped them after being put in the new tank (im guessing because she felt threatened) the tank is 20g clean water and around 70-77 degrees and she has no tank mates. I use sand and have made about 4 caves for her. (Will make more when fry come along) I feed her cucumbers blood worms and fish flakes to keep variety and she seems to love it all. She is about 3" and seems healthy and has molted once since I got her about a month ago. Anyone have any idea why after three months shes not having any more eggs? Does it normally take this long or am I the one person on the planet who cant breed the "uncontrollable marbled crayfish" lol

There may be something you are doing wrong. My crayfish came in youth and was already dropping eggs a bit over a month later. However I have no idea how long it takes for eggs to reappear in the same individual, you may want to start a thread on this. I heard raising temperature helps a bit though

I have. Only a couple replies though. So far no one knows what's wrong with her or if there is something wrong yet. The temp is at about 77 degrees give each or take two or three degrees. Couldn't raising it above 80 be dangerous?

Do you have a pic of the cray in question??? Its always possible they mis identified it and its not a marble. Also, crays prefer cooler water, and warmer will speed the metabolism and all other life processes, making them live a shorter life. Temps slightly over 80 for a little while shouldnt hurt, but i wouldnt keep it that warm forever.

Sometimes they will take a while to berry up. My adult just went about two and a half months between having babies and berrying again, probably due to stress. I moved her, then that tank leaked and I had to move her again. Once she settled back in she berried right up. Does she have plenty of hiding spots in the tank? Is she in a high traffic area? My crays are in my kitchen right now, but there are tons of hiding spots.

Back
Top Bottom