Marimo Ball Division

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jarviek

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a Marimo ball that is feeling hollow when I squeeze it. When I researched this on the web it sounds like it is ready for division.

Has anybody encountered this before? If so, do I just cut it in half, or is there something special I need to do?

Thanks
-Kent

I ripped mine trying to speed up division. I thought I messed it up. Now after two or three months the ripped pieces are taking form and look pretty nice. The original I ripped from still looks a mess but is filling out. I've read they are low light but I think they're medium to high from experience.

Thanks

During my water change last night, I squeezed it, and noticed a hole. To make a long story short, I ripped the ball into three individual balls. Now, I guess I have a few months to wait to see what happens.

As for the light level, the hollow one came from my 20 gallon xtra trail tank. I have a T5HO on that one. I have two balls that are not hollow, but not growing much in my 45tall. That one only have a T5 on it.

Back
Top Bottom