Marimo Balls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkA123

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I really want marimo balls! But I can't find them Anywhere! I've looked at petco and petsmart and they said they're an endangered species and not to buy them from any site/store that you lr not familiar with because you'll receive a knock on your door from the police because they're illegal if the shop doesn't have permission. Is this true? I really don't want to buy them online the cheapest price I could find was 20 dollars for a pack of 2 small ones and shipping was 40 dollars per 4 plants! So I wanted 8 so that would be 180 dollars! Does anyone currently have some they want to get rid of even of it's only like 1 I'd gladly pay for it! Thanks!

they are spinning you a yarn..... they are not illegal. i have some baseball sized ones for $5 each send me a pm is you are still looking.

I can't find them anywhere I'm going to heck my lfs one more time and I'll pm you about them if they don't have them. Are yours the smallest species they have or plate the they large kind. I mean how big they get not how big they are right now are they the sm, m, l, or xl. Thanks!
they are spinning you a yarn..... they are not illegal. i have some baseball sized ones for $5 each send me a pm is you are still looking.

I can't find them anywhere I'm going to heck my lfs one more time and I'll pm you about them if they don't have them. Are yours the smallest species they have or plate the they large kind. I mean how big they get not how big they are right now are they the sm, m, l, or xl. Thanks!
there is only one true kind of Marimo Balls that is Cladophora aegagropila. size only has to do with how big they are at the time. here and there people sell like java moss as them though.

K do you have actual marimo or just algae balls? Thanks I'd be happy to buy about 6!
there is only one true kind of Marimo Balls that is Cladophora aegagropila. size only has to do with how big they are at the time. here and there people sell like java moss as them though.

there is a vendor on ebay from the UK, I got 5 golf ball size true marimo's shipped to my door for $8.62 USD
Id sell them but my red ear slider ate 3 of them and I got one in each of my SA cichlid tanks.

Actually true "algae balls" from the lake in Japan where they originate cannot be legally harvested except during certain times of the year. There is like a marimo ball festival in that district lol. However clado is really easy to grow and it's available almost anywhere.

Actually true "algae balls" from the lake in Japan where they originate cannot be legally harvested except during certain times of the year. There is like a marimo ball festival in that district lol. However clado is really easy to grow and it's available almost anywhere.
Thats another perk of mine, having a Japanese national in the family.
I got my first two from that lake. I think next year they are going back to japan around that harvest time, big celebration I hear.

Nice, I'm taiwanese and my god parents are japanese. Too bad I didn't get a chance to request neat stuff from them before their last trip home haha.

Hi,

I live in Orlando, FL and they sell them in Petsmart and Petco. I bought a couple and my fish ate the majority of them.

Back
Top Bottom