marimo moss ball

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's still alive suriving not thriving they turn brown when dying its still green and i believe they need mid lighting but i may be wrong

it probably wouldnt do good in my setup either. ill just stick with the java fern. i got it somewhere i like it. maybe you can find some java moss. forsythaquatics has java moss and it thrives in low light.

Ive never had any lose color, but I've had one sort of all apart once. Do they do that? I ended up pulling it apart and tried to get it to grow on driftwood and it didn't take. Just ended up in pieces all over the tank!

My moss ball came apart and just collected grime in my tank.

Since this thread turned in to a discussion, it has been moved to Freshwater & Brackish - Planted Tanks. The classifieds forum is not the place to discuss plants, or anything other than buying or selling aquarium related items.

xxwolfpackof1xx said:
thats Java fern i believe most the stuff petsmart sells is fasly labled

While I can find lots to complain about in regards to the local Pet(not so)Smart, they have gotten much better about labeling the plants on display. Those that come in tubes now have stickers on the top that say "semi-aquatic". All those w/o said sticker, I have looked up and are , indeed, true aquatics.

That being said, they still have tons of bamboo on display tanks... Fully submerged (ugh).

Back
Top Bottom