Marine fish for 2500 gallon tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
3' tall, by 6' wide, and about 18 - 22' long.

Using 22" as the height...that tank would be 246 gallons and some change. This is another illustration of why it is not a good idea to get advice for someone else, you don't know the details, and one of my favorite quotes is...

"God is in the details"

The difference between 2500g and 246g is tremendous and has a tremendous impact on what you can keep as well as what you can keep together.

dont take this to wrong but here it goes
no seriously this question is quite unrealistic

I would have to agree with this statement, as you posted it, that would be the largest privately owned aquarium that I was aware of, besides possibly Jansen's The pharmacutical guy in Germany. Biggest I've read about otherwise is 2000.

im happy that some one either has the room for such a tank but to ask such a question either ya looking for attention or your very lonely or are dreaming about such a tank !!

I can see where you would get insulted, but to be honest, your asking for some kid that is on vacation for 3 weeks and you cannot give us the info to advise. It's not your tank, he needs to do the research not you, so I can see where someone might get the impression quoted above.

Let's keep in mind when people ask for advise, if you want to give it, go ahead, if not...don't, but don't make it personal.

big tank...

I think I agree with every party... anyway, reefrunner, I think youu read her mesurements wrong. When she said 6 feet wide, it may mean deep, and the length is 18-22', that is FEET, as far as I read it... though I think these are just guesstimates... anyway...
How about some Cayman? Those would be cool. Personally if I had a tank that big in my house I'd probably raise fish to eat... then again I would like some fish I could swim with... If I did a SW setup I would just put the live rock along the back side so I could still easily get in to swim around... It would be fun to snorkel in a tank like that. i would probably get something like the science package I mentioned in the lounge. They had sea stars, urchins, crabs,well, all sorts of things you'd find in a tidal pool... That would be cool... your own personal tidal pool...

I'd rather live on a boat in the keys (or somewhere) than own/maintain a 2500 gal tank... prolly cheaper to :wink:

Wanna see a 4000 gallon tank? Go to Reef Maniac.com
Also, I have read about tanks privately owned 10 times that size on wetwebmedia.com
read the shark articles.
Can you say h-u-g-e t-a-n-k?

A tank thats 18' long, 6' wide and 3' tall would be just above 2400 gal.

I belive that this member is just very excited for her friend. When your friend retuns from FL please encourage them to join as I have to agree that advice via a 3ed party is fairly difficult. I have seen it attempted many times before on this site and other sites and every time it never ends up working as it often delays the help that might be very much needed at the time.

I know mr4000 supposedly took his tank down due to issues of internal rotting out of his house.

Yeah, it was the humidity in his home cause of all the water. Could you imagine how muggy it would be in your house 8O

BTW, my apologies for doubting, I do doubt it, but I should have kept tthose thoughts to myself.

what is the link to the 4000 gallon tank. I couldn't find it. Also i think it was reefcentral a while back that a user was saying that he was build some insanely huge tank into his house and he would have to hire a guy just for the tank and all this. It was going to be just huge i guess. Anyone heard abou this?

Give me a link

http://www.saltwatergrillpcb.com/

Its a 25,000 gallon tank! Sucker is huge! Everytime we go there and eat I just stare into the thing.

Near the bottom of the page they have a live webcam set up. Unfortunately there is not a wide shot of the tank so you can't actually get a good reference point to how big it is. But the glass panels go up at least 7 feet and it is extremely wide.

Next time I go there for dinner I will snap some shots of my own. :)

tagging along, Is there a way to subscribe to a thread without posting to it?

At the top right of the page you should see a link called "Watch this topic for replies". Click on it. Now when someone replies to this thread you will get an e-mail.

Speaking of monster tanks. Anyone ever been to Atlantis in Bahamas? Has to be one of the biggest aquariums in the world. If you want to call it an aquarium. I believe they are the only ones with a manta ray in captivity. Sucker is about the size of a car with a wingspan of 10'. The aquarium pretty much lines the hotel. So no matter where you are in the hotel, you can look into the aquarium. What a sight to see.

Sorry for the off topic post.

Biggen said:
Give me a link

http://www.saltwatergrillpcb.com/

Its a 25,000 gallon tank! Sucker is huge! Everytime we go there and eat I just stare into the thing.

Near the bottom of the page they have a live webcam set up. Unfortunately there is not a wide shot of the tank so you can't actually get a good reference point to how big it is. But the glass panels go up at least 7 feet and it is extremely wide.

Next time I go there for dinner I will snap some shots of my own. :)

Sorry, when I said privately owned I should have said individually owned and in someones home.

At the top right of the page you should see a link called "Watch this topic for replies". Click on it. Now when someone replies to this thread you will get an e-mail.

It's in th bottom left or bottom right on some styles ;)

Back
Top Bottom