Marineland® 75 Gallon Aquarium Majesty Ensemble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joey6821

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I was wondering if anyone had some opinions and experience with this setup? Would this be to big for someone with no aquarium experience? I have already purchased the aquarium and stand but am starting to have second thoughts. First, I have my doubts about the stand. The stand is really light and I have a hard time believing it will support the weight. Second, I have already returned the stand for an exchange, the aquarium would not sit flat on the first stand. The aquarium still wont sit perfectly flat on the second stand but its much better. I'm new to all this and looking for some help. Thanks.

Joey...
Larger tanks are easier, because of the larger volume of water it takes longer for water quality to go bad.

However there is no replacement for doing your research before setting up your new tank, review the stickies in freshwater>freshwater&brackish -getting started section of this forum for information on how the nitrogen cycle works and how to cycle your tank.

Lots of information here, read up and do your research and your start in the hobby will go smoother.

Its only too big when you cant afford the money or the time to maintain it.

I bought that exact same 75 gallon set up at the beginning of the year added MarineLand C360 and a 300 W heater it's been great

Its only too big when you cant afford the money or the time to maintain it.
Agreed... but research seems to be the key for beginners.

Glad I followed AA forum and learned from you all when I started, saved some ( not all) problems. Lol

I bought that exact same 75 gallon set up at the beginning of the year added MarineLand C360 and a 300 W heater it's been great

Does your tank sit perfectly flat on the stand? Does the stand feel stable when the tank is full? My tank doesn't sit flat on the stand. I can slide a quarter under 1 front corner and 1 back corner on opposite side of tank.

Time and money are not a problem. Research, I've done tons of that with tons more to do. I even printed out 7Enigma's writeup on fishless cycle to help me out.

Sounds like you are squared away. Cant wait to see the build.

Back
Top Bottom