Marineland C360 Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r_nichols7

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I just set up new C360 canister filter and day 3 my water temp is at 82 deg. Is it normal for the filter to heat the water? I called Marineland and the girl said it is not possible and told me "if your not satisfied with the filter, return it where you purchased it." (Great support) I measured the temp at the top of the motor head and it is 96-99 deg. Is this normal or is this thing defective?

Water temp prior was 78 deg. however, I unpluged my heater and temp is dropping... now at 79... bad heater??? I never seen the light come on and it was set at 75. But the filter motor head still 91-99 deg. depending where I point the laser.

I would not worry about the couple of degrees. I bet if we all tested we would be shocked at the heat all oyr pumps and filters add to our tanks. I would plug the filter back in and adjust the heater till you get where you want it to be. Being in Florida you need very little heat most of the year anyway.

Back again... realy need help. I cant do anything to get my water temp down. It is between 78.5-80.5... My room temp is between 74 and 76 and the water temp increases respectfully (4 deg higher than room temp). All I have is the c360 filter and small air stone. 50-55 gal, 8 cichlids,2 common plecos and a Bumble bee cat all unde 2 inches (juvies),pfs substrate, no plants, some rocks. I recently had major brown sediment probably from overfeeding or diatoms??? I use RO water for pwc @10-20%. I now have green algae build-up. I ran my diotomagic filter and it pulled out flourecent green Algae?? Water is still cloudy... What can I do?? Is it normal for a canaster filter to increase water temp by 4 deg.??

Back
Top Bottom