Marineland double bright LED lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My friend gave them to me just to see how they would do, he said one of them was an argentine sword for sure and he didn't know the other one haha

Went out and got a few amazon swords this morning and they are now planted so we'll see what happens

I just ordered a double bright from petsolutions.com for 52$ and I believe it says low light plants only java fern ect. Which should be fine for the tank I'm putting it on which only has a few java's and some Christmas moss in it.

These plants are strictly an experiment haha. But I do love the look of this light so I guess i'll just wait and see

abrinn23 said:
These plants are strictly an experiment haha. But I do love the look of this light so I guess i'll just wait and see

It's always useful to try an experiment. I'm doing just that with my new LED lights on both my planted tanks. I wish you great success! Still, it's comforting to know that even if we both fall short of our hopes we'll still learn something valuable from the effort.

I love argentine swords, I have a ton of them under just a regular t8 plant growth bulb and they're doing amazing in both my 10 and 55. Good luck with them!

Thank you! It doesn't look like its in that good of condition when I got it but maybe it'll pull through

abrinn23 said:
Thank you! It doesn't look like its in that good of condition when I got it but maybe it'll pull through

If some of the leaves look bad it's best to cut them off. The plant will work hard to save dying leaves and it would be better for it to use that energy to set it's roots. Even if most of the leaves need to be hacked the plant will soon grow healthier ones to replace them. This is true for just about any plant you put into a tank. That's assuming the tank has everything the plant needs to grow.

Okay there were only a few that didn't look healthy so I trimmed them. Wish me luck!

Just for clarification, it might be a dumb question, but I was only suppose to cut the leaf off not the stem right?

You should cut the leaf stem along with the leaf. I don't always get to cut the whole leaf stem on my crypts but it's best to.

Alright now it's done! Looking better already

Attachments

• image-3635733320.jpg
    image-3635733320.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 67
Just an update. I had to swap tanks due to a crack but prior to that my plants were doing awesome! I noticed an obvious improvement with the argentine sword and how upright it was finally becoming.

abrinn23 said:
Just an update. I had to swap tanks due to a crack but prior to that my plants were doing awesome! I noticed an obvious improvement with the argentine sword and how upright it was finally becoming.

Glad to hear yours did so well before the crack, I up graded all my lighting recently and had bought a double bright, then immediately returned it. How can you stand the shadows in the corners? Did you have any plants in the corners of your tanks? I felt like nothing would grow under the DB LEDs unless planted directly under them. Am I wrong?

What size is your tank? I have a 48in on my 75g and my corners are no different from the rest of the tank. My amazons were in the corner and were doing really well!

Back
Top Bottom