Marineland Double Brights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BHead707

Aquarium Advice FINatic
have an opportunity to get them off CL for $40 new in the box, how effective are they at growing plants. will be on a 20G long. (28''-36'' or something like that)

The Double Bright fixtures are usually good for med-light tank. Seems like a decent price to me.

ya im not looking to go crazy and ive wanted lights but just cant get myself to spend the money

Those double bright fixtures have to be installed without the aquarium cover right? I have a 29 gallon with the led mainland unit. Its the small unit that fits in the top of the cover. If I upgrade some of my fish have the potential to jump without a cover

Impulse09 said:
Those double bright fixtures have to be installed without the aquarium cover right? I have a 29 gallon with the led mainland unit. Its the small unit that fits in the top of the cover. If I upgrade some of my fish have the potential to jump without a cover

You can attach it with or without a canopy or cover. I have a glass canopy and it sits atop the glass.

Is this good for growing plants? Or should I get the reef led setups. I have a 29 gallon planted freshwater tank.

Impulse09 said:
Is this good for growing plants? Or should I get the reef led setups. I have a 29 gallon planted freshwater tank.

I don't believe it's a good light if you have live plants.

I just read the reef capable marjnland unit would be best to grow plants, anyone have this? Will it be to bright?

Reef capable leds. I have it on my 90gal and love it. Whats the width of a 20Long? Only negative is it doesnt have the best coverage bc it doesn't have reflectors. I also use T5ho

width is only 12'' i believe, ad it was on craigslist, gotta love them for a good deal once in a while

I am upgrading from the standard led unit that comes with the hood. Does anyone know if it looks a lit better than the stock led?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom